- To transport machine, put the presser foot down on a piece of fabric, put the needle down
and lower the feed dogs.
- Put the machine in the seat well of your car so that it cannot fall over or be flung around if you have to stop suddenly.
- To check the tension use 2 different colour threads and use a 0.3 mm satin stitch.
- Lower feed dogs when putting on a complicated foot such as a buttonhole foot.
- Use right size needle and thread combination.
- Do not push or pull the fabric – let the feed dogs move it.
- Use a vertical spool holder for non standard threads and for straight wound bobbins.
- Twisted wound threads can be used on a horizontal spool holder.
- Don’t pull thread backwards through the disks when changing thread.
- Do not leave machine on unattended
- Clean under stitch plate/feed dogs.
- Clean and oil hook.
- Clean tension discs with a pipe cleaner.
- Use a cotton bud for cleaning the hook race.
- Do not use compressed air.
- change needle frequently and use all stitches from time to time particularly the tacking stitch (if you have one).